Last month Brayden was baptized! This was a very exciting event for our families. The Rowan's and Mahoney's came all the way from PA, and Dan's family came from CT, VT, and even New Mexico! Everyone wanted to see Brayden become a new member of the Catholic Church.
The day of the Baptism, Brayden was in good spirits. He slept very well (and long enough for me to shower and get ready), and he fell asleep during his morning feeding. Knowing that he would have a long day ahead of him, I let him sleep on my shoulder instead of transferring him to the bassinet. He needed a little bit of calm before such an exiting and overwhelming day! I dressed him in his Baptism outfit, instructed him not to poop or spit up on it (to which he kindly obliged), and we miraculously left the house on time!
We arrived at the church early, but it filled up very quickly. It was really great to see so many family and friends in attendance. Thank you so much to everyone who came out to the church! Dan, Brayden and I were in the front row with Brayden's Godparents, Brendan and Katie. Father Larry approached us and asked us the purpose of presenting our child that day. He turned the book toward us so we could respond, but it took Dan and I a few seconds to figure out what he was pointing to in the book! Finally, I saw that I was supposed to say "Baptism!"
And then it was time for the actual Baptism. Brayden did very well with the water being poured on him (we had been practicing each day when he took a bath), and apparently he just moved his arms like he was doing a backstroke. I was so focused on his face, I didn't see that happen!
| Holy water being poured on Brayden. |
He was then presented to the congregation.
Brayden received his official Baptismal bib.
The Baptismal candles were lit.
We then returned to our seats for the rest of the mass. Brayden was so wiped out, he fell asleep on Dan's shoulder!
Here are some other great pics from the Baptism. Thanks to Karen and Dave for hosting the reception at their house!
No comments:
Post a Comment