Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spring Awakening

Once again, it has been a while since my last posting! The "spring" here in New England has been a busy one for me (even though the weather has been anything but spring-like lately). For Easter, I had the chance to visit my cousin Lisa and her family in North Carolina (where it was actually spring). Many of my other family members also flew down for the event, and we had a great time hanging out, eating, and swimming (including Roxy). And a few brave souls even went golfing!













May has also been a busy month. After three and a half years of classes and two internships, I finally received my Master's Degree (M.A. in Clinical Mental Counseling) from Lesley University! And I am going to add this only because I worked really hard for it, and at the ceremony there was no recognition of it: I graduated with a 4.0 GPA! The ceremony was at the Bank of America Pavilion on the waterfront in Boston, and it was a very nice day all around. Even the weather cooperated! It was sunny by the end of the ceremony!  Thank you to my family and the Demers for coming to the ceremony and helping my celebrate!




In baby-related news, I am now a little over 29 weeks along. About two weeks ago, our doctor had some concern about the baby's size. Based on the ultrasound from March, the baby was measuring small for his age in weeks. My belly was measuring correctly (the number of centimeters of the belly should equal the number of weeks), but the baby was small. Medically, I'm not at risk for a baby with low birth weight (I don't smoke or do drugs), so the doctor wasn't overly concerned. Still, she ordered an ultrasound just to be sure. Fortunately, the results of the ultrasound were good. The baby has grown a great deal, and while he is still on the small side (he's in the 30th percentile for growth, whereas the 50th percentile is normal) it's not a cause for concern right now. It's likely that I'll just give birth to a smaller baby (and hey, as long as he's healthy, I'm all for have a 5 or 6 pounder instead of an 8 or 9 pounder!). I may have another ultrasound down the road to check on the baby's size, but for now, he (and I) are doing very well! I would post the pictures from the last ultrasound, but they weren't that clear (he was face down), and it is difficult to tell what is what! In the meantime, here is a picture of my belly last week (28 and a half weeks). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment