I am a nanny for several different families. I've sat for many different types and ages of kids and have been in all sorts of sticky situations. When I found out I was pregnant, I decided to keep my two nannying jobs as well as my new job at the spa and my 22 hour a week internship. Besides being incredibly draining (especially after going from an eight hour internship directly to nannying for four hours), and some whiny kids, it was okay. Until yesterday.
I won't get into to the details, but basically, for the second time in the last three weeks, I was hit intentionally by a child (under the age of 10) in my abdomen region. The first time it didn't hurt and wasn't really a "punch" per se. The second time was with the sole of my pretty hefty Ugg boot, and this time, it hurt. I was extremely upset to say the least. While I (thankfully) only had temporary pain and no additional pain, cramping, or bleeding, I still called the on-call doctor at my ob/gyn who suggested I come in today for additional reassurance. I went in today for a check up and listened to our little bean's heartbeat. All sounds good, and everyone is doing fine.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Your child and your health are priceless and no amount of money can ever account for them. I'm not on the mommy path yet, but in the last year or so I've been putting my foot down a lot more and deciding strongly where my limits are. I no longer believe in "paying dues!" We're done with that!
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Vernee